Friday, June 8, 2012

Roland Garros finalists!

And the finalists are... Djokovic-Nadal for the men and Errani-Sharapova for the women.

I am disappointed not to see another chapter of the Rafa-Roger neverending story, but this way the final is more likely to be well-contested.

On the ladies' side, I am over the moon that Errani made it! She played Stosur like a champ, never afraid and always leading. I don't think she stands a chance against MaSha, but then again, I didn't think she stood a chance against Sam, either, so we'll see. I'll be rooting like a motherfucker, that's for sure!

Meanwhile, Errani already won the tournament in doubles, along with lifelong partner Roberta Vinci. If she wins tomorrow, she will be the first woman to ever win a Major in both singles and doubles. Go Sara!

Women's final is tomorrow, Saturday 5/9, and the Men's final is Sunday 5/10. Both are at 9:00 a.m. EST (3pm CET), live on NBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment