Saturday, June 30, 2012

Recent updates, or lack thereof!

I'm moving to another state these days, so it is incredibly hard to keep up with the awesome sporting events that are still going down!

Thursday I missed the first half of the Italy-Germany match. Yesterday we had a huge thunderstorm that knocked down many power lines, and thus I haven't been able to watch the game yet. I will make sure to do that before tomorrow's final... speaking of which, I might well get a heart attack while watching that, and so my blogging days will come to an abrupt close!

Wimbledon is underway and I've been able to follow it closely, via internet if nothing else, and I should be able to discuss the round of 16 match-ups some time Sunday night or Monday morning. Some interesting upsets and matches so far at the All England, for sure.

I have, instead, completely missed out on the Athletics European Championships and the women's volleyball World Grand Prix final four. Both end tomorrow after a brief four-day run. That sucked, but c'est la vie: something's gotta give, especially at such busy times as these are.

Meanwhile, the Tour de France started today with the brief individual time trial prologue in Liege, Belgium... so, for all intents and purposes, Le Tour really starts tomorrow with the first line stage. Cancellara has the yellow jersey's after today's sprint, but again that's virtually meaningless to the final standings. This is still a Tour between Evans, Wiggins, and maybe Schleck, but mostly the Aussie and the Brit. Updates to follow, as time permits.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment